Accepting applications for an experienced CAD / Revit Technician
Reporting to: Engineer / Project Manager
As a successful technician, you will have a strong background in building services and your proficiency using Revit will allow you complete confidence when modeling and detailing MEP designs on the software.
This description reflects the core activities of the role but is not intended to be all-inclusive and other duties may be required.
- Setup drawings and make it ready for the project designer/team.
- Review project files for compliance with Standards/protocols.
- Producing and maintaining design drawings for construction projects across BC.
- Interacting with Engineers, Project Managers and Designers to quickly and accurately update/correct drawings during the design process.
- Providing solutions to design problems and generate design plans.
- Providing design support for completion/execution of design concepts.
- Timely execution of responsibilities.
- Communicate with clients to resolve concerns.
- Produce accurate 2D drawings and 3D models
- Coordinating drawing production in line with project requirements and in conjunction with other discipline.
- Able to meet tight deadlines and able to work alone or with a team.
- Thorough knowledge of and compliance with Jarvis Engineering Consultants procedures and standards.
- To contribute or otherwise assist as required.
Qualities and Skills required:
- Certified completion of a Drafting Program from a recognized intuition.
- Proficient in current release of AutoCAD / Revit MEP.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Software including: Outlook, Excel and, Word.
- Able to read and interpret construction drawings including architectural, mechanical and electrical.
- Able to demonstrate the ability to undertake above responsibilities.
- Good knowledge of Electrical and Public Health Engineering terminology.
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Able to prioritize and multi-task.
- Great eye for detail.
- Able to manage sensitive and sometimes confidential information.
- Self-motivated and able to take responsibility.
- Able to demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to daily task.
- Flexible and dependable attitude.
- Able to demonstrate enthusiasm for engineering and a willingness to learn and contribute to the success of a project, the project team and the firm.
Respond in confidence via EMAIL. No phone calls please.